Sunday, May 20, 2007

Raffle for Charity!

My apartment hunt, marathon training, fundraising, show at UCB, and new sketch team have taken up a lot of my time lately, so please excuse my long absence from blogging -- I hope to soon be spinning more yarns about past NY stories, but for now I humbly submit the following plug for the charity raffle I am holding. I am raising money for cancer research by running a half marathon in Alaska, details below.

I have been fundraising for some time for my half marathon in Alaska --I am running for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and have agreed to raise $5100. My deadline is looming (June 8th) and I have a lot of money to raise! So I have decided to hold a raffle.
Details:

Tickets are $20.
TICKETS CAN BE BOUGHT ONLINE (instructions below).
The raffle is open until June 6th -- only 2 and a half weeks away!
List of prizes are below, and hopefully I will be adding a few things on Monday or Tuesday:

LIST OF PRIZES

4 VIP tickets to the Daily Show
2 tickets to the Colbert Report
2 tickets to Late Night with Conan O'Brien
2 more tickets to Late Night with Conan O'Brien (seperate prize)
Conan long-sleeved tshirt
Autographed Colbert tshirt
A UCB merchandise package with items signed by Amy Poehler (including UCB Season 1 DVD, Martin and Orloff, Matt Besser CD, UCB lighters, patches, and Tshirts)
A month-long pass to Assscat, UCB's most popular show!
A 1 hour massage from Jaya Bodywork

If you work in an office, have friends who might be interested, or can blog about this yourself, please link to this blog or cut and paste and send in an email. My goal is to sell 200 raffle tickets! You can buy tickets online so it's super easy!

Instructions for buying tickets:

1-If you are someone who sees me regularly, you can buy one in person. If you wish to pay by check (these contributions are tax deductible), then make the check out to "The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society".

2-You can pay online. Go to my donation page:
Rachael's Donation Page
Make a donation of $20 (or multiples of 20 if you want to buy more than one ticket). Once you have completed your donation, send me an email at TNTraffle@gmail.com. Let me know how many tickets you purchased and also send me your contact info: name, phone number, email, and mailing address. Once I have confirmed your donation I will email you the numbers of your raffle tickets. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT A TICKET. If you donate without emailing me I will assume it is just a donation and you will not be entered in the raffle.

The drawing will be Wednesday June 6th -- probably at a final fundraising party TBA. Please pass on the info! 100 percent of money raised goes towards the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home