Sunday, January 11, 2009

Terrifying

I just saw this commercial:



This commercial is supposed to be about how "fun" Carnival Cruise Lines is, and how adults are just kids at heart who want to play with beach balls.

Let me tell you something, Carnival: The very first thing I thought as I watched this was that if a beachball that is approximately the size of my apartment dropped off the side of a building towards the street where I was standing, I would be FUCKING TERRIFIED. I literally felt anxious and almost started hyperventilating while watching this stupid fucking thing.

If this happened in reality, I would run screaming in terror and would have some sort of post-traumatic stress every time I saw a beach ball or was in a city or was in a crowd of people or was alive. This is like a very bizarre terrorist attack that somehow taps into my memories of being the outcast in gym class when I used to cower in the corner as volleyballs flew overhead.

Clearly a marketing genius made this commercial, because I am feeling so anxious that I must immediately go on a cruise.